Account Opening Documentation FAQs

How can I send my documentation to Ally Invest Forex?

Documentation may be submitted using one of the following methods:

Upload: Login to My Account to upload documents in authenticated environment.


Mail: GAIN Capital
Attn: New Accounts
Bedminster One 135 US Highway 202/206, Suite 11
Bedminster, NJ 07921 USA

Fax: 1-908-731-0777


What information is required for account opening?

Ally Invest Forex must obtain and validate the true name, address, date of birth, and taxpayer ID number (if applicable) of all individual applicants. Where appropriate, we will use electronic verification to confirm this information. If your application does not meet the criteria to be electronically verified or information cannot be authenticated, documentary verification will be obtained.


Why do you need this identification information?

In response to the US Patriot Act, it is Ally Invest Forex's policy to verify personal information provided on this application. When opening a trading account with Ally Invest Forex, we ask for your name, address, date of birth, social security number and try to confirm your identity electronically. In some cases, we may request documentation to support your identity such as a current passport, driver's license or other documents deemed appropriate.


My documents are not in English. Will this be a problem?

Ally Invest Forex has staff available to translate documents in many languages.


Where can I find the New Account Confirmation page?

The New Account Confirmation Page is generated at the end of the new account application. You can also access this in My Account. Please use the link and login credentials provided to you via email to access the secure environment.


What can I use for government-issued photo ID?

Acceptable government-issued photo IDs include, but are not limited to:

  • Valid, current passports
  • Valid, current driver's licenses

The following are not acceptable forms of photo ID:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Marriage License
  • Insurance Card

Other types of government-issued photo ID may be acceptable after review on a case by case basis.


What information needs to be on the government-issued photo ID?

Your government-issued photo ID must show your full name, as indicated on your application, and your date of birth. The ID must be current and not expired. If you have been granted an extension for an expired ID, you must submit both the ID and extension.


What information needs to be on a proof of address?

The proof of residence must show your name and address as indicated on the application. Utility bills and statements must be dated within the last six months.

Acceptable forms of proof of residence include but are not limited to: government-issued photo identification, utility bills, bank or credit card statements, and current lease agreements. Confidential information such as account number(s) may be removed at your discretion.

These documents must be received in their entirety and we cannot accept payment stubs or folded documents.

Valid Examples Include:

  • Gas bill
  • Electric bill
  • Telephone bill
  • Mortgage bill
  • Credit card statement
  • Bank statement
  • Current lease agreement

Invalid Examples Include:

  • Insurance bill (auto, home, etc.)
  • Government tax documents

Can I use my office address instead of my home?

Proof of residence is used to verify the residential address as indicated on the application. We cannot accept your office address.


I lease my home and all bills are in the landlord's name. Is this okay?

We will need a document that indicates your name and the address indicated on your application. Common solutions are a bank statement or a signed copy of the lease agreement indicating the term of the lease.


I do not receive any mail at my home address. Can I provide a document showing my P.O. Box?

We are required to collect your primary residential address on the application. If you are unable to verify this address, we can collect verification for a mailing address.


My driver's license has my address on it. Can I use this document for both ID and proof of residence?

Yes, you can use your driver's license for address and identity verification.


My application is for a joint account. Do you need documentation for both account holders?

Both account holders must provide a government-issued photo ID. Documentation for proof of address is required for one applicant. A W-9 form is required for the primary applicant if both individuals are US persons. If one or both applicants reside outside of the US, appropriate tax documentation is required for each individual.


My application is for a corporate account. Whose name and address should be on the address confirmation document?

The address verification document should display the entity's name and primary business address.


What is a Certificate of Incorporation?

A Certificate of Incorporation is a statement which confirms that a new company has fulfilled the necessary legal requirements for incorporation and is duly incorporated according to the local government or other regulatory agency.


What are Articles of Incorporation?

Articles of Incorporation state the purpose for which the company was formed, indicate the members of the company, and sets forth its purpose according to the laws of the state in which it is established. These documents are sometimes referred to as Articles of Association and Memorandum of Association and should also include a breakdown of the shares of the company. If any shareholder owns more than 10% of the company, we will require an ID.


How can I provide the breakdown of shares/Share Registry?

The corporate breakdown of shares or Share Registry should be within the official Articles of Incorporation. If the details are not within the corporate documentation, please contact us at your earliest convenience.


How do I request a second account?

You may request a second account by logging in to MyAccount and following the instructions.


How do I transfer funds between two existing accounts?

Please use one of the following methods to transfer funds:

  • Electronically transfer funds in between two accounts after linking the accounts in MyAccount.
  • Complete and submit the internal new account transfer form.