Account Information and Funding FAQs
- What's the difference between a practice and live trading account?
- How can I renew my practice trading account?
- How much money do I need to open an account?
- How do I open an account with Ally Invest Forex?
- What is the best way to send new account paperwork?
- How do I know if my account has been opened?
- How do I fund my account?
- How do I fund my account by personal or business check?
- How do I fund my account by eCheck (ACH Payment)?
- When will my funds be posted to my account?
- What account reports are available?
- How do I withdraw money from my account?
- What is considered a 3rd party?
What's the difference between a practice and live trading account?
The primary difference is that there is no capital at risk when trading in a practice account. An Ally Invest Forex practice account features real-time quotes and charts, along with all the basic trading tools and much of the information you'll have access as an Ally Invest Forex customer, including single and contingent order types, a real-time newsfeed and more. Ally Invest Forex practice account is a core element of our educational effort. A practice account is intended to familiarize you with the tools and features of our trading platforms and to facilitate the testing of forex trading strategies in a risk-free environment. Results achieved on the Ally Invest Forex practice account are hypothetical and no representation is made that any account will or is likely to achieve actual profits or losses similar to those achieved in the practice account. Conditions in the practice account cannot always reasonably reflect all of the market conditions that may affect pricing, execution and margin requirements in a live trading environment. Margin and leverage settings by product and account may vary from time to time between your practice account and a live account due to live account settings changes imposed by Ally Invest Forex resulting from market volatility and other factors. The pricing available is the same pricing available to Ally invest Forex account holders.^top
How can I renew my practice trading account?
To renew your practice account beyond 30 days simply call us at 1.866.567.0295 or click here to chat live with a representative.^top
How much money do I need to open an account?
The minimum initial deposit required is at least 50 of your selected base currency. We recommend you deposit at least 2,500 to allow you more flexibility and better risk management when trading your account.^top
How do I open an account with Ally Invest Forex?
Opening an account is easy. Simply complete the following three steps.
- Complete Application
- U.S. Residents: You are not required to submit additional information at this time.
- Non-U.S. Residents: Please submit two (2) forms of identification, including one (1) photo ID (i.e. passport or any other government issued document evidencing nationality or residence and bearing a photograph), AND one (1) proof of address as represented on this application (i.e. utility bill, driver's license, bank statement, etc). Required of all authorized signers of this account.
New account paperwork can be faxed, emailed or mailed.
Ally Invest Forex
Attn: New Accounts
135 US Highway 202/206
Bedminster, NJ 07921
- Debit card
- eCheck (ACH payment) – U.S. bank accounts only
- Wire transfer
- Personal or Business check
What is the best way to send new account paperwork?
The fastest way to provide us with supporting documentation is via MyAccount. Simply log in and follow the instructions to upload your documents.^top
How do I know if my account has been opened?
Once your account is opened, you will receive an email with your username and instructions for accessing your account. Please note that usernames are only assigned after your account paperwork has been approved.^top
How do I fund my account?
There are four easy ways to fund your account.
- Debit Card: This is the easiest and fastest way to fund your account. In fact, in almost all instances, funds will post to your account immediately when you use a debit card.
- Wire Transfer: Fund your account via wire using US Dollars, Euros, Canadian Dollars, Japanese Yen, Swiss Francs, Australian Dollars, or British Pounds (Sterling). We typically receive funds within 1-2 business days.
- eCheck: If you have a checking account with a US bank, you may fund your account with US Dollars using an eCheck. The process usually takes 2 – 5 business days.
- Check: As long as it's with a US bank, you can use a check from your personal or business account to fund your account with US Dollars. This process takes 5 – 10 business days.
To Fund your account: Login to your account and visit the funding page.^top
How do I fund my account by personal or business check?
Ally Invest Forex accepts paper checks drawn on US dollar accounts only. Funds sent via personal or business check take 5-10 business days (from date of receipt) to clear and be credited to client's trading account, according to our banking partner's posted schedule. This can vary depending on the bank and state of issue.
Please make all checks payable to GAIN Capital Group.
GAIN Capital Group
135 US Highway 202/206
Bedminster, NJ 07921
How do I fund my account by eCheck (ACH Payment)?
Ally Invest Forex accepts eCheck (ACH Payments) from US bank accounts only. Funds sent via eCheck take 2 - 5 business days to clear and be credited to the client's trading account. Click here to login to MyAccount, our secure client area to make an eCheck deposit to your Ally Invest Forex account.^top
When will my funds be posted to my account?
The time it takes for a deposit to post to your account will depend on the method in which it is sent:
Debit Card - within 24 hours of receipt
eCheck (ACH Payment) - 2 to 5 business days
Personal Checks - 5 to 7 business days
Wire - 1 to 2 business days of receipt
What account reports are available?
Customers have convenient access to statements and reports from the ForexTrader Desktop trading platform. The following reports are available:
Account Value Summary - An online monthly account statement. View current account balance (realized P&L) for a selected month, as well as all deposits, withdrawals, interest earned, and fees charged (if any).
Detailed Transaction Listing - Lists complete trade detail for any selected date range, including deal date, currency pair dealt, trade direction (buy or sell), contract size for both currencies in the pair dealt, and executed deal rate.
Open Positions - A summary view of all open positions, including contract size, USD value, average rate of open positions, reval rate (current market rate), and unrealized P&L. This report supplements real-time position information available in the position management screen of the trading platform.
Order History - Provides detail on all order activity for a selected data range, including order entry date and time stamp, listing of all cancelled and/or executed orders, along with its reference number. The Log Entry column provides a confirmation number and action detail for any order.
Rollover History - Provides rollover details for any transaction held open past 5:00pm ET, including rollover rate and USD value. May be generated for any given date range.
Realized P&L - Lists complete trade detail with P&L for any selected date range, including deal date, currency pair, trade basis, contract size and executed deal rate.
Rollover Rates - Rollover rates are updated every day by 12:00pm ET to reflect the rates for the current trading day. The amount shown is denominated in the base currency of the account.
Note: All reports can be printed and/or exported.^top
How do I withdraw money from my account?
Self-directed clients, please login to your account and visit the withdrawal funds page.
If you funded your account with US Dollars:
There is no fee for withdrawal requests via check. Withdrawal requests via wire transfer will incur a $25 fee for wires within the United States, and $40 fee for international wires (including Canada).
If you funded your account with a non-USD deposit:
We will convert your US dollar account balance back to the currency you initially deposited and wire your funds back to the originating bank account. A fee of US$40 will be assessed.
Withdrawal requests are processed within two (2) business days of receipt.^top
What is considered a 3rd party?
We will not accept third party deposits or withdrawal requests. The name(s) on the Ally Invest Forex trading account must be an exact match with the name(s) on the account of the other financial institution. This includes (but is not limited to) instances where the name on the bank account is not an Ally Invest Forex account holder, business accounts and endorsements to Ally Invest Forex.^top